February 5th through 9th

Keenoy’s Pups News                                        2-9-18
Dear Parents,

I hope that everyone had a wonderful week!  Unfortunately, two more Keenoy girls did catch Gabby’s stomach bug over the weekend.  Everyone has recovered and Caleb and I are still hanging tough.  Hopefully with 5 days passing, we are out of the woods.  Knock on wood again……although it definitely did not work last week.😊  I will try and keep this brief since we’ve only had a couple of school days since my last letter.  I look forward to seeing you during our conferences.  If you ever have any questions, please do not ever hesitate to email me.

The class seemed to really enjoy the movie/celebration last Friday.  Thank you for getting all of the permission forms back in such a timely manner.

Keenoy’s Pup of the Week…….ME😊
Hello families, my name is Dan Keenoy.  I have an amazing family that I love more than anything.  My wife Jessi and I have been married for 18 years and met in college (Missouri State University).  Jessi was accepted into graduate school at the University of Missouri, which brought us to Columbia.  We fell in love with the people, schools, friends, and decided to stay here instead of moving back to St. Louis (which is where we are both from).  I absolutely love teaching and greatly enjoy this extremely kind class.  I would never consider changing professions, but have always had an interest in meteorology.  My friends have given me the nickname, Dopplar Dan.  My emails and texts blow up anytime there is a snow event predicted.  In fact, I’ve responded to three already this morning about the upcoming weekend snow.😊  My wife and I feel like chauffeurs most evenings, but I find time to enjoy the Blues games and an occasional fishing trip to property that I own south of St. Louis.  

The next Pup of the Week is Briana J.  Please bring any pictures or items that you would like to put on our bulletin board that is located outside of our classroom.

Conferences
I look forward to meeting with you next week during conferences.  Please let me know if our scheduled conference time needs to be changed.

Valentine’s Day Celebrations
Thank you to the parents that helped with our Valentine Party. As a reminder, students will be passing out valentines on Wednesday, Feb. 14. Students may bring valentines for their classmates. This is not required. However, if students choose to bring valentines, there should be one for each student in the class.

Progress Reports/Grade Cards
These will come home on Tuesday. Please keep all the papers inside the envelope but do return the envelope back to school. We reuse the envelope each trimester.

Writing
Most students are typing their 3rd draft from the informational charity report.  I’ve met with each student in the last couple of days, and everyone set very good goals for improvement.  Each student should have a nicely written or typed draft to share with you at conferences. 

Math
As you know, students took an assessment over topic 4 last Thursday and Friday.  These were scored over the weekend and will be shared with you at Parent/Teacher conferences.  I was blown away by the success students demonstrated on this assessment.  Fourteen out of nineteen students earned a score of 90% or above!  We have a classroom full of wonderful mathematicians and I’m so glad that they demonstrated it on this assessment.  I do not like to call assessments, “Tests.”  Instead I often refer to them as “Show Offs” or “Fun.”  They definitely showed off all of the information that they learned and I am proud of them.

Science
We completed our experimental design friction testing this week.  I will share student graphs/results during our conference.

Reminders
*Feb. 12-16...Conference Week
*Feb. 16...No School - Parent/Teacher Conferences
*Feb. 19… No School - President’s Day
*Feb. 27...Literacy Night at Paxton
*March 15...Spring Pics
*March 26-30...No School - Spring Break

                                                                                                Sincerely,

                                                                                                Dan Keenoy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 18th through 22nd

April 23rd through 27th